Northern Laos tour 4 days – 3 nights
In only 4 days, you will be able to discover all the magical sites of Northern Laos
Additional Product Information
In only 4 days, you will be able to discover all the magical sites of Northern Laos. From Luang Prabang’s remarkable pagodas to the landscapes that you will admire during your cruise on the Mekong River, you will not miss anything of the most beautiful sites of this region, before going to the amazing city of Bangkok.
- Cruising on the Mekong River through splendid landscapes.
- Luang Prabang city, inscribed on Unesco’s World Heritage List.
- The excursions in provinces in preserved areas such as Kuangsi Falls.
- The numerous traditions that you will discover during your trip.
- Pak Ou surprising caves, which house thousands of Buddha.
- Laos is a very authentic country. Accommodation facilities are charming, but it sometimes remains simple.
- The boats on which you will sail are in good condition and correctly insured. This service is accessible to anybody. Wearing a life jacket on board is compulsory.
- A guide will be at your disposal during the whole trip.
- Main roads are generally good. To reach some isolated sites though, some parts of the road may be chaotic, but emotion is often at the end of the path!
Day 1 : Chiang Rai - Pakbeng
You will follow the necessary procedures to enter the country at Houeysai frontier post and your guide will welcome you. You will get on board for a cruise on the Mekong River to Pakbeng. You will have lunch aboard and will maybe be able to visit some villages. You will arrive at Pakbeng at the end of the day and will have dinner and spend the night at your hotel.
Day 2 : Pakbeng – Luang Prabang
You will sail down the Mekong River in a traditional boat to Luang Prabang, the former capital of the country. You will visit a Kmou village and have lunch aboard. In the afternoon, you will discover Pak Ou sacred caves and its thousands of Buddha, left by the faithful over the centuries. You will get on board and arrive at Luang Prabang at the end of the day. You will go back to your hotel and have dinner in town.
Day 3 : Luang Prabang
You will visit the Royal Palace, Wat Mai, Wat Visoun, Wat Aham, Wat Xiengthong and will have lunch in a restaurant. You will then go to Ban Xangkhong, a village of weavers and will understand how the POSA paper is made. You will climb up the Phousi Hill to enjoy an unobstructed view over the city and to watch the sunset, before having dinner at the restaurant and spending the night at Santi Resort hotel.
Day 4 : Luang Prabang – Kuangsi – Luang Prabang
You will discover Tad Kuangsi falls and will have lunch in town, before flying to Bangkok (flight PG 946, 3.40 pm-5.40 pm).
Phetsokxai or similar hotel in Pakbeng
Manoluck or similar hotel in Luang Prabang
Pakbeng Lodge or similar hotel in Pakbeng
Santi Resort or similar hotel in Luang Prabang
Price in USD dollars per person:
Hotel - 3* / 4*
2pers - 696$ / 828$
3-5p - 547$ / 679$
6-9p - 410$ / 542$
Price of the flight ticket:
LPQ/BKK PG = 230 $
The price includes:
- The tour in a private vehicle with driver, fuel, local insurances.
- Accommodation in the hotels mentioned in the program or in similar hotels.
- The boat from HOE to LPQ.
- Breakfast and meals as mentioned in the program.
- All entrance fees mentioned in the program.
- All visits and excursions mentioned in the program.
- The service of a guide in each province.
The price does not include:
- Flight tickets.
- Visa fees: 30 USD for Laos.
- Tips, drinks, personal expenses.
- The services that are not mentioned in the program.