Luang Prabang – Vientiane classical tour 5 days – 4 nights
This tour combines sites that cannot be ignored and unique excursions to show you the best of Laos in only 5 days
Additional Product Information
This tour combines sites that cannot be ignored and unique excursions to show you the best of Laos in only 5 days. This nice mix between gilded-roofed pagodas and natural sites results in a very charming trip.
- Luang Prabang city, inscribed on Unesco’s World Heritage List.
- The natural swimming pools at Kuangsi falls.
- Vientiane discovery, the capital with quaint charm
- Pak Ou surprising caves, which house so many Buddha.
- The traditions that you will discover during your trip.
- Laos is a very authentic country. Accommodation facilities are charming, but it sometimes remains simple.
- The boats on which you will sail on the Mekong River are in good condition and correctly insured. This service is accessible to anybody. Wearing a life jacket on board is compulsory.
- A guide will be at your disposal during the whole trip.
- Main roads are generally good. To reach some isolated sites though, some parts of the road may be chaotic, but emotion is often at the end of the path!
Day 1: Luang Prabang
Upon arrival, your guide will welcome you and you will check into your hotel. You will visit Wat Aham, Wat Visoun and maybe Wat Mai, which are among the most impressive temples in the city. You will have dinner at your hotel.
Day 2: Luang Prabang – Pak-Ou
After breakfast, you will visit Wat Xiengthong, considered as the most beautiful temple of the city, and will then get on board for a cruise to Pak Ou caves. You will make a stopover at Xanghai where you will see villagers making rice whisky. Back to Luang Prabang, you will have lunch and will visit the former Royal Palace. Climbing up to the summit of Phousi Hill, you will enjoy an unobstructed view over the capital and will watch the sunset over the Mekong River. Going down, you will be able to stroll about in the alleys of the night market and to buy some souvenirs, before having dinner at the hotel.
Day 3: Luang Prabang - Kuangsi
The day will begin with the discovery of Luang Prabang market. You will then go for a drive to Kuangsi falls, in the north of the country. You will be able to relax and will enjoy the natural swimming pools that formed. You will also see some brown bears that you will be able to feed with bananas. In the afternoon, you will go back to Luang Prabang and will visit Ban Phanom. You will see the Lue minority weave, before having dinner at your hotel and enjoying your evening.
Day 4: Luang Prabang-Vientiane
You will fly to the capital, Vientiane (flight QV 110, 10.40 am – 11.20 am). You will check into your hotel, have lunch and visit Thatluang, the most famous stupa, which is also a national symbol. Climbing up the Patuxay, the Victory Gate, you will enjoy an unobstructed view over the capital and will watch the sunset over the Mekong River, before having dinner at your hotel.
Day 5: Vientiane – Departure
After breakfast, you will be free to visit the market before being transferred to the airport.
Price in USD dollars per pax:
Group size 3* - Hotel / 4* Hotel
2 pers - 484$ / 545$
3-5 pers - 416$ / 476$
6-9 pers - 348$ / 408$
3 * Hotels:
Sabaidee in Vientiane
Manuluck in Luang Prabang
Novotel in Vientiane
Santi Resort in Luang Prabang
Price of the flight ticket:
LPQ-VTE: US$ 88/pax
Price inclusive of:
- All kind of transportation (van, bus, boat) mentioned in the program.
- The service of a local guide.
- All entrance fees mentioned in the program.
- Activities at the Kamu Lodge
- 4 nights accommodation based on twin shared room
- Meals served at the restaurant or at the hotel as mentioned in the program.
- Lunch and dinners
- Other services that are not mentioned above should be paid by the customer.